Saturday, May 2, 2009

turkeys are done.

i have eaten way too much sugar this past week. to the point where i think i have had all artificial energy, and not any energy from foods that i really need. and believe me when i say that it caught up to me. i was irritable and tired, and if you know me that is not a good combination.

well i can now officially say that i am done with my undergraduate career. weird. but i must say that this has been a quite enjoyable last four years. i have done things i never thought that i would do, like drive across the country with my best friends, get in trouble with the cops(loud dance party--no alcohol involved), or even be in tune with the Spirit. i have been super blessed these past four years, and honestly i wouldn't trade it for the world. don't hear me wrong, I WOULD NEVER GO BACK, but it was truly time well spent.

what makes time fly so fast? is me being so unaware of what is going on around me. sometimes i can sit around and do nothing and feel like time wont go fast enough, and then others where i think where has my day gone. its all too complex for my little brain. haha.

so i have decided that when i start teaching i will not teach 5th grade. they stink. literally and metaphorically. the don't wear deodorant and they have really bad attitudes. ill stick with my young ones.

i will be running a 1/2 marathon the day after my birthday next year. where you might ask? in disney world! i figured the happiest place on earth is the place to run one....maybe ill be happy the whole time i'm running....

25 more days till camp. im super excited! we received our staff letter yesterday from our camp director and i can already tell that this is going to be a good summer. just by reading what he said i know i am going to respect him as an individual and as my leader. he used a verse from
1 Peter 1:9 that says, "But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light." this hit me hard once again because i have been apart of teams that don't have this vision. i mean they claimed to have it, but it really wasn't there. i am really excited to work along side this team because my Spirit tells me that they are a people chasing after God's own heart. pray for us, pray for the kids we come in contact with, and pray that the Lord does some amazing things this summer!

mood: relaxed (finally)

2 comments:

  1. I am going to comment :) Fifth graders are great! They may stink but that's when you have the talk about deo :) They are fun and sacastic which equals FUN!

    I agree with you though. I've loved my past 4 years but will not go back. I've made amazing, life-long friends and will always cherish the college years. Now all I have to do is find a job...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are finished. I enjoy your sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete