Wednesday, May 6, 2009

how did you manage that?

so i have been teaching a fourth grade class this week (i am off today, but will be back tomorrow), and i have come to find out that 4th graders are an interesting breed-or at least the ones i have been working with. they say the craziest things, and perform the weirdest stunts. i have a few stories....

so i'm sitting in class on monday waiting for the kids to come back from Spanish. as they trickle back into the room, i notice one of my boy's shirt is wet. i walk over to him and he kind of looks at it, looks at me, and tells me that he is wet. and i'm not talking about like a wet spot. it was a wet puddle! immediately things start going through my mind. i asked him was it from the water fountain or from the bathroom. he says the bathroom. once again, my mind starts to race, and mind you it is not on his pants. only his shirt. i send him to the office to call for another shirt, but loandbehold he comes back shortly after saying that he wasn't aloud to call, but its was ok because he wiped his shirt with a paper towel. i just hung my head, trying not to laugh, and sent him to his desk.

shankles got a kick out of this story. i told her one of my kids wet himself, and she proceeds to tell me that is why she likes older kids. HE IS AN OLDER KID! she told me she literally burst out laughing. oh, to be a teacher....
second story: this one is not as interesting as the first, and you would have had to have been there to appreciate it, but i will try my best to paint a picture in your minds...

tuesday we had a play that i got to be apart of. they did a great job. it was on the costs of freedom in our country. some of the songs they sang could have been in church-or at least that's what the black ladies on the front row were saying... anyway, after the play, the other fourth grade teachers decided to throw them a dance party.
**before i begin, let me ask have you ever seen a fourth grader dance? well in your minds you may be thinking something totally different then what i am about to say...
ok, so i wanted to go home and take a shower and curl up in the fetal position after what i saw. these girls watch too much TV! they were poppin, grindin, etc. and it made me sick. on a positive note they had good rhythm, i just didn't care to see what i saw. on the other hand all the boys think dancing is jumping up and down off beat which is funny in itself as well.


if you haven't guessed, this is me. and i will say that this is probably the most accurate picture of me. you may not be able to see it, but i actually have facial hair. fun stuff, huh? and i love that my name is spelt "T-e-whatever letter that is-g-e". and yes my name was on the board....
i cant wait to be a teacher. it will be fun and funny.



1 comment:

  1. Teaching is the best! You have your bad days but then you have so many good, funny, and memorable days :) I laugh every time I hear that story

    ReplyDelete