Monday, March 9, 2009

truth and actuality.

Truth: I am outrageously and unconditionally loved by Christ.

How do I respond to that?

this realization came to me this past sunday. it is so overwhelming to know that the God of the universe loves me. he loves me for who he has made me to be and not for what man wants me to be. he has changed my life for the better. my relationship is "that i may know Him and the power of his resurrection and may share in His sufferings, becoming like Him in His death." -Pilippians 3:10.

it's weird that you would want to share in somone's sufferings. but why can't i give back my whole life to someone who has suffered theirs for me?

Truth: Today's church wants a God filled life of a good marriage and kids who don't swear. They don't want Jesus and His sufferings--that's for the radicals.

why can't i be a radical? why can't i do what makes some people uncomfortable? thats all i have been taught. i shouldn't look for the approval of anyone else. if i am living my life for Christ then that is all that matters. my joy lies above and not in the things of this earth. "The kingdom of heaven is like a treasure hidden in the field, which a man found and hid again; and from joy over it he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field." Matthew 13:44. i should be willing to do all i can to obtain this.

Truth: Luke-warm Christians are a lot different from an authentic Christian. We all mess up. There is no perfect person (except Christ). But when a luke-warm Christian messes up, they could care less. The difference lies in how we respond. When an authentic Christian messes up they become broken.

it's only when we are broken, life change can really happen. we need to be broken and made into something else. something that can be made to be used by Christ.


Challenge:
....be willing to suffer, be willing to go against the grain, be willing to be broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment