Saturday, July 25, 2009

daisy chains.

No I don’t understand 
And I can’t comprehend 
This power that draws me to you 
But I know for the cross 
I’ll consider it all lost 
In an effort to tell of the truth 

That the world may know 
That the world may know 
You have been heaven sent to us 

Fearless by Building 429

well it has come. the last week of camp. kind of bitter sweet. i don't want it to end. but that is how God designed it, and i must be satisfied with that truth.

this past week God really burdened me for the kids. i had 5 kids in my bible study who were unsure about their faith. this was the most that i have had all summer. one kid in particular stuck out in my mind. his name was caleb. i called him "peanut". he received my heart in prayer last week. their was just something about him that made me want to invest in his life from the first moment i met him. later that week i sat down with his adult leader because i wanted to know what was going on in Caleb's life. he told me everything he was going through and it is no wonder God laid him on my heart. this kid needed some serious love. love that could heal him. love that could only come from Love itself. on wednesday night of camp i was sitting with caleb out by the volleyball pit talking. we started talking about stuff we had been learning this week and i just had the urge to ask him about his relationship with the Lord. i flat out asked him, "Do you have a relationship with the Lord?" he responded with, "I dunno?" we talked about it some, but he just didn't seem that it was something for him. i let him know that i was praying for him, and as soon as he came to the realization that i was doing that he freaked. his response to that was "You pray for me?" that showed me that he either has never experienced someone p[raying for him, or no one has ever told him that. it really broke my heart, but it really made me grateful that i had the opportunity this past week to invest in his life. even though he never made a decision, i still did my job.

"So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God who gives the growth." 
1 Corinthians 3:7

i am not ready to leave this team. they are my best friends. i was talking with one team member today, and we discussed how we could convince Lifeway to put us all on the same team again next year. i would totally do it too.

this weekend we have been getting ready for the MEGA last week of camp. that means we have approx. 800 kids. CRAZY!! so we have had to move our stage stuff, and prepare for a huge registration process. great fun. it really helps you realize whether or not you like the people you are working with. honestly i had no problems--except for the fact that we had to do auditorium inventory (which i absolutely despise!!) but it is all done and i am ready for campers to come.

i am so ready.


1 comment:

  1. I could never tell you how excited I am that you have found your calling in life. You are an amazing man of God who wants nothing more than others to know Christ as their Lord and Savior. God has truly blessed you beyond measure this summer and I love reading all about it, hearing your excitement, and seeing the love of where you are in life overflow from you. LOVE YOU, FRIEND!

    ReplyDelete