Saturday, August 1, 2009

last days.

this past week of camp was an amazing one! God really showed off in my life and in the lives around me! it is really cool how he puts the bible studies and track times together. 

sign language track was amazing this week! i had six wonderful kids! they really wanted to be there and learn the song, but at the same time the were really open to the Lord. we got to know each other so well that i was to the point that i could call them out on their sin and the still respected me for it. we had some good times. we literally rolled on the floor laughing on thursday! God brings us so much joy!!!

one kid in my bible study really encouraged me. his name was josh anderson. he genuinely loved the Lord. he has dealt with a lot of things in his life, but his faith is still strong. as i was talking and encouraging my kids on the last day, i told them how cool would it be if 10 years from now i bring my children from the church i will be working at to camp and they were our camp counselor. as i was scanning the room saying this, me and josh made eye contact, and he kind of smiled and he knew that i was talking directly to him. he was made for it. i could just tell.

well this is it. i only have a few hours with some of the people i could spend the rest of my life with. i love me some CK3.

they have shown me what real christian community looks like. they are a people who genuinely love the Lord. it is so encouraging.

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us" -Hebrews 12:1

they really helped me in my faith. they truly cared for me as an individual, which doesn't happen a lot. they called me out when i messed up, and the praised me when i succeeded. God truly blessed me with these people.

i really can't express in to words my feelings for these 22 amazing people. i wish everyone could get to know brandon, brent, sparkle, billy, liz, david, delape, chris, lauren, whitney, alice', ansley, eric, ashley c., abi, alicia, mason, emily, morgan, thomas, henry, and ashley a. like i did! i pray for only the best for all of them!!


No comments:

Post a Comment