Tuesday, August 25, 2009

im movin' on.

well im moving. i thought this day would never come. the past few weeks have been very grueling and tiring, but well worth it.  i will be moving to the great state of Mississippi to work as a youth intern over the jr. high. weird. but i know that it is something the Lord needs me to do right now in this season of my life.

the weird thing about moving this time is that this is it. the chance of me ever moving back home is very slim. i mean VERY slim. so this is it. my official move out. kinda overwhelming if you ask me. im really excited about it. God has so much in store for me, and i cant wait to get started.

these past few weeks while this whole process has been in the works, the Lord has really taught me some things:

1. patience. i was telling someone tonight how it has been a resounding theme for me as of late. it has been really hard not to know things right away and wait for an answer. but i was and still am. God has provided.

"I waited patiently upon the Lord; And He inclined to me and heard my cry." Psalm 40:1

2. God really does take care of the details. you would not believe the things that the Lord has provided for me with this job. not only has he given me a ministry, but also the means to do so. he gave me a house. and yes, i said gave (that means it was free). he has given me the chance to already invest in lives of adults and kids. and so much more.

"...how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!" Luke 11:13b

"Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4

3. when you truly seek after the Lord, everything will come together. it has been so cool to see all of this fall in place. i just wish everyone could see it how i did. i mean people saw some of it, and heard of it. but they didnt experience it like i did.

"But from there you will seek the Lord your God and you will find him, if you search after him with all your heart and with all your soul." Deuteronomy 4:29

"And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him." Hebrews 11:6 

my faith has been stretched beyond belief and i pray that it continues to do so. i want to be challenged. i want to grow. i want to experience God in bigger and mightier ways! 

Lord, take me and make me more like you.

No comments:

Post a Comment