Tuesday, September 1, 2009

unashamed.

"as it is my eager expectation and hope that I will not be a all ashamed, but that withe full courage now as always Christ will be honored in my body, whether by life or by death." Phillippians 1:20

can i honestly say that i am unashamed of being a Christ follower? is He really honored in my life? do i completely and wholeheartedly, not out of obligation, live my life in a way that shows complete devotion to the Lord and Creator of everything?

i used to struggle with this. but honestly i can say that my life is in His complete control. of course i mess up, of course i struggle, but i am human. thats the beauty of our Lord. He gives us mercy and grace. He gives me the opportunity to be forgiven. He has granted us all salvation to take hold of and no longer look at our sin. that is why my life is His. i continually work out my own salvation (phil. 2:12), daily, so that my life can reflect and honor Christ crucified.

"Only let your manner of life be worthy of the gospel of Christ." Philippians 1:27

can you tell i read Philippians? 

No comments:

Post a Comment