Thursday, July 9, 2009

are you sure?

this is the question that has been the theme for the week. whether it was kids or the Lord, i was asked if i was sure. that could be with the things that the Lord says, or with a question from a child. and i am sure. i am sure that God is gracious, merciful, loving, and true. He is amazing.

my 12 year old self was here this week. his name is Noah Frank.  he is such an amazing
 young man. God has taught me so much through him, and is actually still working on me through him. Noah asked me one night if i was sure that God wanted me to be a teacher (elementary that is) and not something else, and it was in that tone that i know something that you don't. WHAT? a 12 year speaking truth into my life.  he obviously saw that God may have something else in store for me. so i have begun to pray. i am praying that the Lord will help me understand what i need to do with my life. i know it is to be teaching children, but i am not sure in what capacity. i am just so blessed to have been able to come to camp this summer so that the Lord can teach me new things. Oh how I love Him so!

I have also been getting to the feelings to preach at CK. yeah, i know. crazy. but it has been on my heart for a few weeks and it actually came out of some fellow staffer's and adult's mouths this week that i should be one. so I'm praying about that too.

man i need to catch back up on my sleep.

mood: blessed.

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes I think God leaves the details up to us. He's shown you the direction and you are positive about that - children. Maybe He wants YOU to decide the method - school teacher? children's pastor? middle school pastor? children's counselor? When you choose, I know you will choose something that glorifies your Lord, and that's the main thing. God is smiling on you. :D
    Love
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't say it better than that. God has shown you a passion and that's children. Anytime you are with them, you are showing Christ to them. No matter the method, you are fulfilling God's plan by spending time with them and showing Christ's love for them in everything you do for and with them.

    ReplyDelete