Tuesday, March 15, 2011

post número uno de españa.

well greetings everyone. so i have been in spain now for a few days and i am totally having the best time ever. its so good to be in a new place and all hanging out with family and walking a bazillion miles everywhere! so good.

well i guess i shall start from the beginning. so i woke up on sunday morning at 5:30 due a phone call that awakened my rem. i wont hold it against this person, but i would prefer that it wouldnt happen again on day light savings time :)....

so i arrived at the airport and all safe and sound and i began my journey waiting for 45 minutes. but truthfully it was completely fine because i absolutely love airports. specifically, i love the people in airports. i legit sat in my chair pretending to listen to music, but instead listened to people. people have stories to tell. i wasnt being nosey (at least i didnt think so), but folks are just so interesting. it's neat to see the differences in people which reminds me how special the Father made each and every single one of us. reminds me of Psalm 139 when He tells us that we are "fearfully and WONDERFULLY made". all of us. mm. so good.

well i get on my flight to charlotte, and i pondered in my head "who i will have the joy of sitting next to" (thats not sarcasm, i really find joy in the folks i sit next to), and lets just say that each of the individuals was a pleasure sitting by. the first was this huge, muscular, black man. he was totally legit, but i didnt get to talk to him much because he kept to himself. but his son played in the Liberty Bowl last year and they won, so he had acool ring on his finger.....

but since he wouldnt talk to me i decided to talk to the person who would. and He reminded me how cool He is....

well i make my stop in charlotte and immediately begin making my way to my next flight to philadelphia. i didnt have a lot of time so i had to book it! well i get there in about enough time for like a 5 minute break before we began boarding. so i get on this plane and i shared the row with a girl named elizabeth. we talked the whole hour and 45 minutes to philly. it was awesome! we talked about our lives, where we were going, what we wanted to do, etc. etc. etc. well i got to share a little bit of my faith her as well...it broke my heart because she turned immediately away from the Truth. but, like Jesus tells us in Luke 10:16, "The one who hears you hears me, and the one who rejects you rejects me, and the one who rejects me rejects the one who sent me." it isnt my place to make someone listen. its that conscious choice that we make. i just pray that her heart will be healed one day. i have a feeling she is holding on to a lot (conversations had), but the Lord is sovereign over circumstances, trust me, i know.

well i make the stop in philly, and got a little break. but it kind of hit me, i was about to be flying 5 billion-trillion miles above the ocean in the middle of no-where. so i made a phone call or two (literally only two) and got on that big old steel bird. i was about to be off on an amazing trip....and did i mention that it was at sunset? yeah, i took this little guy before i took off......

so we get in the air and i once again sat next to an awesome person! her name was cecilia and she was from argentina. she now lives in spain with her family and all. she was legit! made my trip go by faster. but there were times when i took to my self (we had 8 hours so i think i needed to give her a break). so there were times when i would just throw on the ipod or watch a movie and just relax. one specific instance i was listening to some Jesus music and i turn and look out the window and i looked into the night sky, and i began to cry. not out of sadness, but out of joy. i looked out and saw an amazing creation and didnt know what else to do but praise and thank Him for the billions of stars that could be seen at that moment over the atlantic.

"the moon and the stars to rule over the night, for His steadfast love endures forever." Psalm 136:9 its because of his love that the stars hang there to bring us beautiful light. wow. so good.

well, my flight lands in madrid spain at 7am monday morning, and now its time for me to make my trek to seville, spain which is about 2.5 hours south. i felt like i was on the amazing race! oh, and a side note: i didnt sleep at all on sunday, lost an hour in the states, and lost 7 more coming to spain, yet i still kept going. i make it to the train station with what little spanish i knew and eventually made it to seville, and guess who was waiting there for me?!? thats right! my big bro!!!! we kissed and hugged and played patty cake right there in the train station! (ok, not really, but it was a glorious reunion). we walk outside and it was raining. but that didnt stop us from making the 30 minute walk to get to where we were going. and when we arrived i greeted emma and our friend lyndon and immediately turned and walked right back out the door. we had a lot to do in so little time!!

our first stop was the cathedral in spain. wow. it was humungous!! (3rd largest in the world, 1st largest gothic cathedral). i was blown away. everything was old and gothicy...even the supposed remains of christopher columbus.....

we then went to some royal gardens and had an amazing time there as well! it is so neat to feel the history around me in the things i encounter. yeah, my teacherness just came out. ill punch you if you dont like it.....and we walked around town, went to an awesome restaurant, and then went home and crashed at about 11. my bro had to go to work in the morning so we had to get the baby in bed....ok i was tired too. no sleep in almost 48 hours catches up to you....

so we get up today and i probably had the best time today. i got to hang out with my brother a whole lot just me and him. we talked about a lot and laugh and be serious and all the jazz. we did get to go see what i think turned out to be my favorite of the whole trip. i bet you cant guess what this place is?

ok, this is called the plaza de españa and they filmed a scene from star wars in it!!!!!!!! loved it all!!! after we visit this place for a while, we headed over to play soccer with some friends, and then walked back. turns out we walked 6 miles today and my feet were feeling it....emma made some legit homemade pasta for dinner and we watched megamind to wrap up the day. im having a blast and i cant wait for the next few days to occur. bring it on!!

so here is to a good day, the goodness of the Lord, and more adventures!! goodnight all!!

**ok the picture loader isnt working right, so anywhere where there is a statement about a picture, please ignore it. ill post pics on facebook laters. k, thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment