Sunday, August 14, 2011

the shortest way home.

as i reflect back on the week in itself and the "eventful" weekend that i had, i cant help but think that God has me right where He needs me.

i finished my first week up at school, and even though this is totally new for me, i have a feeling that this year will be an amazing time of growth for me as well as my students. i have already grown to love them all so dearly and they are consistently challenging me. it also doesnt help that there is never a dull moment. i already have some pretty funny quotes....

i have missed my family here in Jackson/Clinton/Byram. it is so neat to have come back to a place and see what has happened since i have been gone. my church family has grown so much over the course of the summer, and i love the fact that they are in total pursuit of the Lord and His working in their lives. thats the real Church right there. granted that we are not perfect, but we are trying. i love them all.

so i have also been reading Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis, and can i tell you that it is blowing me away. Lewis is such a simple writer, and im pretty sure that he claims to be simple, but his stuff is so deep. im having to read and reread several times before i get a grasp of what he is saying. i read this beautiful passage this afternoon, and let me tell you, it speaks so soundly of my own heart right now:

"I may repeat 'Do as you would be done by' till I am black in the face, but I cannot really carry it out till I love my neighbour as myself: and I cannot learn to love my neighbour as myself till I learn to love God: and I cannot learn to love God except by learning to obey Him. And so, as I warned you, we are driven on to something more inward--driven on from social matters to religious matters. For the longest way round is the shortest way home."

my heart is right along with his words here. i desire to continually pursue this love that has been lavished on me. and in doing so i love on others and by doing that i have to pursue an obedient lifestyle. not for my own selfish gain, but rather as a sign of surrender to my King.

im sure that i can and will write more on this guy, but honestly as long as it has been taking me to read it, i dont think i have the time to unpack it all....

and to end this wonderful post--things i miss:
-my family
-my girlfriend
-furniture (i have very little right now)
-playing soccer
-running on a consistent basis
-my dog

well, thats all i got for now. so until next time.....

1 comment:

  1. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete