Sunday, December 26, 2010

roots.


today i got to spend time after church with two of my best friends, wesley and andrew.

we still had a good amount of snow in the yard to play in. and let me tell you i felt like a kid again. i told andrew that if we were actually kids we would have all the neighborhood children over at the house sledding with us. i miss times like that. shows me that im still a kid at heart.

the interesting part about all of this is that we used the resources we had around us to accomplish our goals. the sled was a seat cushion covered in two garbage bags. it had to be two bags or it wouldnt work. trust me. the man power was of course us. we were sled dogs. but what had us tied down to pull was by far my favorite. we used a 10 foot extension cord. it was quite humorous, but it did the trick. all of these matched together equaled hours of fun, but andy left us early so he cut it short, but we still had fun in the process. thank you Jesus for snow and friends.


Wesley chopped our snowman's head off so we could at that snow to our ramp....

Construction. That is Sawyer, Andy's pup.

At first they tried the bike to pull. Ineffective of getting someone over a ramp.


I almost died my last run and Andy was there for me in my pain.



Below is a first hand account of the ramp in action.....


This is the final run of the day. I got some sick air and almost died in the process....

1 comment:

  1. I love being a kid, too. I hope I never grow up as I grow older and wiser.

    Love your new blog design! The header is awesome. I'm going to add your verse to one of my note cards. :)

    Merry Christmas, Happy Snowday, and A Joyous Jesus' Birthday.
    Love
    Cat

    ReplyDelete