Sunday, September 5, 2010

your mercy found me.

this weekend has been one of those weekend that has refreshed me. yes i know that it was labor day weekend where we supposedly get that time off of work (but why is it called labor day then?), but i needed this weekend. i went and spent the weekend with the Frank's. you know, Noah's family. if you follow my blog i have mentioned Noah several times, so as to put the pieces together, it's his family.

while i was there i simply just hung out. i felt a part of their family, which is literally how they treat me. we went to a high school football game, 5th quarter at the church, and i got to hang out with my DNOW kids all night. all i can say is that i was so blessed.

on friday night after we had finished dinner, mrs. debbie and i sat and talked for about 45 minutes afterwards. she asked me questions about life and such, but one question in particular really got me thinking. she asked me what "life lessons" i learned while i was at North Greenwood Baptist Church. i thought for a second and i asked if she wanted me to give her an honest answer. and of course she said yes. so, i thought again, and came to the conclusion that i learned a lot about myself and ministry in itself. i learned what a church is supposed to and not supposed to look like. i learned that i need to rely more on the Lord and not try to make my ministry what i want it to be but what the Lord wants it to be. a lot of my time there was from selfishness, some was not, but for the main part it was. i let relationships get in the way. i let my own desires take control of me and not let the Lord have me completely. would i have traded my time there for anything else? no. because of that season in my life, the Lord taught me a whole lot and i wouldn't be in Mississippi now working at Mississippi College in a state of more happiness than i have experienced in a while. so thank you Lord for bringing me here. its more than i could have ever asked or imagined.
"Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen." Ephesians 3:20-21
this morning i drove back early so that i could make it back for church this morning at Country Woods Baptist (which is the church that i have been attending). at first i contemplated whether or not i should drive back or stay and go to church with the Franks, but i am glad that i made the decision to come back. this is totally what i needed. pastor jon spoke on the dire need for believers to be connected and a part of a local church. it hit me hard. i have been praying for my decision in going to a place where the Lord needs me to serve him. and i feel that this may be it. i am still praying about it, but this morning showed me that God is totally concerned for my needs. he cares about me. it was a good truth i needed this morning. so be in prayer for my decision in joining this church.
"Continue steadfastly in prayer, being watchful in it with thanksgiving. At the same time, pray also for us, that God may open to us a door for the word, to declare the mystery of Christ, on account of which I am in prison—that I may make it clear, which is how I ought to speak. Conduct yourselves wisely toward outsiders, making the best use of the time. Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person." Colossians 4:2-6
my afternoon consisted of a Sunday routine that i have not seen in a long time. i ate lunch, which had to be cereal. i love cereal. second i took a nap while watching harry potter 4. two hours of rest was good. after that i went for a run. i didnt have an agenda,which was good, but i just ran. i ran 4 miles in a direction of not know where it would lead me. luckily it ended me right back at the school, but it was good knowing that i had the ability to do what i did for leisure and fun.

when i got in my car to see how far i ran, i rolled my windows down turned on a chilled worship mix cd, and drove. i noticed a couple of things while i was out:

1. God is amazing at what He does. there is no way on earth that all of this nature stuff just happened. it is so cool to see how God ordained everything in its place. from the sunset to the birds chirping in the trees.
"As for me, I would seek God, and to God would I commit my cause, who does great things and unsearchable, marvelous things without number: he gives rain on the earth and sends waters on the fields." Job 5:8-10
2. i love the beginning of fall. yes i know that fall has not actually begun, but people seem to embrace this type of weather a whole lot easier than most seasons. i literally saw maybe 6 families playing in their yards throwing the football, kicking a soccer ball, or simply sitting on their porches embracing the weather. people were walking and riding bikes. i even had a little boy wave at me in my car. it put a huge smile on my face.
"You reveal the path of life to me; in Your presence is abundant joy; in Your right hand are eternal pleasures." Psalm 16:11
3. i love people. while i was driving a little boy kicked a soccer ball out into the road and i had to stop. his father apologized for it and i said it was no problem. i had a little conversation with him about soccer and such, and then went on. i think im going to write that family a note and place it in their mailbox. i just love the working of the Holy Spirit and how he crosses people's paths.

“Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?” And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself." Matthew 22:36-39

You're greater than my yesterdays, You hold me close today
You're the Lord of my tomorrows, my heart will always say
You're greater than my yesterdays, You hold me close today
You're the Lord of my tomorrows, my heart will always say

Your mercy saved me, mercy made me whole
Your mercy found me, called me as Your own
Your mercy saved me, mercy made me whole
Your mercy found me, called me as Your own

You called me as Your own
You called me as Your own
Thank You for Your mercy
Thank You for Your mercy

No comments:

Post a Comment